Uninstall .woodrat File Virus + (.woodrat Files Recovery)
.woodrat File Virus is a newly detected crypto malware or ransmworm. The word ransomworm defined a computer virus that demand ransom money. This dubious PC virus is a real threat for all Windows based machine. It is able to attack all versions of Windows operating system including XP, Vista, 7,8, and the latest 10. This nasty virus is created by a group of cyber criminals aimed to make illegal profit by cheating innocent users. It will silently sneak into your computer and take your files on hostage to demand ransom money. .woodrat File Virus virus uses a very advanced and sophisticated encryption algorithm that can lock all types of system files. It can encrypt a large amount of data in a blink of eyes.
.woodrat File Virus will scan your hard disk for files and run its encryption algorithm. After successful encryption it will change the extension of your files. It will also drop a ransom note in text or html format in all infected folders. This perilous threat will also paste a ransom notice image on your computer screen to warn you about the encryption. .woodrat File Virus will ask you that all your files are encrypted and can only get restored via decyption key. It will ask you pay money for the decryption key within given time otherwise all your data will get deleted. This perilous threat mainly wants to create havoc among the users to force then to pay money.
If your computer is infected by this nasty .woodrat File Virus then do not panic. First of all you should check your system carefully for any unlocked file. If all your data is locked then try to scan your computer with installed anti-virus program (if you have any). If your anti-virus is unable to remove this nasty ransomware infection, then you can follow this guide to remove this malware from your computer. Once thing you must understand that paying ransom money is not a solution. Hackers will not unlock your files after paying ransom amount. They can increase the amount or flew away with money. It is also possible that your financial details can get stored when you pay money. So you are advised to delete .woodrat File Virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove .woodrat File Virus
.woodrat File Virus virus is certainly one most painful computer malware. It is sneaky, cunning and quite good at hiding itself in the infected machine i.e, it dig deep in your system and spread it roots everywhere. It is very difficult to detect or remove this nasty infection. Well, to remove .woodrat File Virus and all its associated files, you will need to go through a very lengthy process and various removal steps. Beware, this nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies in different drives at different locations on your computer. It is also likely that files associated with this particular malware infection may carry different names. Hence, you must clean your system thoroughly and remove all the core files related to .woodrat File Virus. Go through the below step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your system. However, we advise you to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Malware Removal process need essential technical skills, any wrong doings may result in severe system corruption. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Well, .woodrat File Virus encrypt all important data files find on infected system. It is simply impossible to restore the files manually. However, users can wait for the security experts to release official decryption key but its not certain how long it gonna take or if it will be released. You can’t wait for such uncertain solution and paying .woodrat File Virus is also useless. Hence, the only sophisticated way to restore your files is using a powerful data recovery too. Data Recovery Pro is a very powerful and effective tool, capable to restore all kinds of lost, encrypted, deleted or corrupted files. It can easily restore all your important files that has been encrypted by .woodrat File Virus or any other harmful ransomware virus. Click on the download button to download Data Recovery Pro and restore all your important files easily.
Restore Files Encrypted By .woodrat File Virus
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data that has been encrypted by .woodrat File Virus.
Malicious Doings of .woodrat File Virus Virus
.woodrat File Virus is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities .woodrat File Virus virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : .woodrat File Virus is capable infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : .woodrat File Virus virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : .woodrat File Virus virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : .woodrat File Virus is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Remove .woodrat File Virus Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. .woodrat File Virus is a kind of very nasty threat that makes several changes in infected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing .woodrat File Virus virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Kill .woodrat File Virus Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with .woodrat File Virus and click End Process option.
Part 3 :- Uninstall .woodrat File Virus From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with .woodrat File Virus.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select .woodrat File Virus and then click Uninstall tab.
- Click Start button and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel window select Program.
- Find out all application related with .woodrat File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- In Settings Page, click on System option.
- Click Apps and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select .woodrat File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 4 :- Remove .woodrat File Virus From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select .woodrat File Virus and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions From Firefox
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with .woodrat File Virus.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Remove Malicious Extension From MS Edge Browser
- Open Edge browser and click on “More” or three dots icon.
- Click on the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Malicious Extension From Internet Explorer.
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including .woodrat File Virus.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 5 :- Remove .woodrat File Virus From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .woodrat File Virus virus.
Registry Keys Created by .woodrat File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.woodrat File Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.woodrat File Virus
Tips For Preventing .woodrat File Virus And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan external USB drives before doing file transfer.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Scan all the spam email attachment before opening it.