Remove Codnat Ransomware And Restore Encrypted Data
What is Codnat Ransomware
Codnat Ransomware is a kind of very dangrous crypto-malware that is quite capable to encrypt data. It has been programmed by professional cyber crooks in order to force victims to pay money. It aims to blackmail users in exchange of the access of your important files. This threat is capable to contribute severe damage on your computing machine. Once infected it encrypt all your important files completely and restricts you to access your own data. This particular ransomware virus is really very risky for your important files as it may ends up with erasing all kinds crucial files from your system. It is also very hazardous for your computing machine and hence victims should better remove Codnat Ransomware virus at the earliest.
How Codnat Ransomware Infects Your PC
- Bundled with freeware third party application.
- Due to opening spam email attachments.
- While using infected media drives.
- Due to visiting pornographic sites or clicking malicious link.
- While sharing files via peer to peer network.
Why Codnat Ransomware Is Dangerous
Codnat Ransomware virus targets victims personal and important data in order to force them to pay. It uses a very strong cryptographic algorithm due to which you won’t be able to access your data manually at least as long as this threat stay in your computer. After encryption, it threatens the victims to pay. It demands a huge amount of money in order to exchange your file. It drops a very scary ransom note on your system screen stating that all your files are encrypted and in order to decrypt your data you will need the unique decryption key which is also created by hackers. Codnat Ransomware virus also warns the victims that if you don’t pay the ransom money soon then the decryption key for your PC will be deleted permanent ally and you will never be able to access your files again.
However, it has been seen that even after paying ransom money users are not able to restore all important files. Moreover, paying ransom money will even motivate hackers to commit further crimes in your system. Hence, you should never pay the ransom money. What’s more, Codnat Ransomware virus can even make your system completely unusable in just no time. Hence, if you don’t want to lose your important data then you will have to remove Codnat Ransomware as soon as possible from your Windows computer system.
How To Remove Codnat Ransomware
Codnat Ransomware virus is certainly one most painful computer malware. It is sneaky, cunning and quite good at hiding itself in the infected machine i.e, it dig deep in your system and spread it roots everywhere. It is very difficult to detect or remove this nasty infection. Well, to remove Codnat Ransomware and all its associated files, you will need to go through a very lengthy process and various removal steps. Beware, this nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies in different drives at different locations on your computer. It is also likely that files associated with this particular malware infection may carry different names. Hence, you must clean your system thoroughly and remove all the core files related to Codnat Ransomware. Go through the below step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your system. However, we advise you to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Malware Removal process need essential technical skills, any wrong doings may result in severe system corruption. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Well, Codnat Ransomware encrypt all important data files find on infected system. It is simply impossible to restore the files manually. However, users can wait for the security experts to release official decryption key but its not certain how long it gonna take or if it will be released. You can’t wait for such uncertain solution and paying Codnat Ransomware is also useless. Hence, the only sophisticated way to restore your files is using a powerful data recovery too. Data Recovery Pro is a very powerful and effective tool, capable to restore all kinds of lost, encrypted, deleted or corrupted files. It can easily restore all your important files that has been encrypted by Codnat Ransomware or any other harmful ransomware virus. Click on the download button to download Data Recovery Pro and restore all your important files easily.
Restore Files Encrypted By Codnat Ransomware
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data that has been encrypted by Codnat Ransomware.
Malicious Doings of Codnat Ransomware Virus
Codnat Ransomware is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities Codnat Ransomware virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : Codnat Ransomware is capable infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : Codnat Ransomware virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : Codnat Ransomware virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : Codnat Ransomware is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Remove Codnat Ransomware Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. Codnat Ransomware is a kind of very nasty threat that makes several changes in infected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing Codnat Ransomware virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Kill Codnat Ransomware Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with Codnat Ransomware and click End Process option.
Part 3 :- Uninstall Codnat Ransomware From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with Codnat Ransomware.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select Codnat Ransomware and then click Uninstall tab.
- Click Start button and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel window select Program.
- Find out all application related with Codnat Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- In Settings Page, click on System option.
- Click Apps and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select Codnat Ransomware and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 4 :- Remove Codnat Ransomware From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select Codnat Ransomware and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions From Firefox
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with Codnat Ransomware.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Remove Malicious Extension From MS Edge Browser
- Open Edge browser and click on “More” or three dots icon.
- Click on the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Malicious Extension From Internet Explorer.
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including Codnat Ransomware.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 5 :- Remove Codnat Ransomware From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by Codnat Ransomware virus.
Registry Keys Created by Codnat Ransomware
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Tips For Preventing Codnat Ransomware And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan external USB drives before doing file transfer.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Scan all the spam email attachment before opening it.