Remove 8-search.co Virus From Chrome, Firefox, I.E & Edge Browsers
8-search.co is another fake search engine that is categorized as browser hijacker virus. Programmed by cyber hackers, this vicious malware infection is been distributed to assault Windows PC users. It is one of the most annoying malware infection. Although, 8-search.co may not counted as a typical computer virus but still it is dangerous enough to cause serious troubles in your system. It usually infiltrates into the targeted machine by stealth without users awareness and then quickly make several changes in your browser settings. It modify your homepage and default search engine. In simple words, 8-search.co virus will take complete control over your entire online activities. It is very important to delete 8-search.co virus at the earliest in order to avoid any severe damage on your PC.
8-search.co virus is such a cunning malware infectious which bundles itself with freeware third party applications that you download from an untrusted site. Once activated, it will start redirecting users on several questionable websites. It actually, drive web traffic for sponsored sited in order to earn quick profit for the hackers. Moreover, due to this particular browser hijacker virus users will also experience very slow Internet speed and corruption in all alternative browsers installed in your computer. It even promote various unwanted ads and pop-up messages on your PC. The worst thing about 8-search.co virus is that it will download various other threats in your computing machine and make your system vulnerable for fatal damage. Therefore, it is strictly recommended the users to delete 8-search.co virus completely.
Malicious Doings of 8-search.co Virus
8-search.co is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities 8-search.co virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : This dubious computer virus can infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : 8-search.co virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : 8-search.co virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : 8-search.co is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Possibilities to Remove 8-search.co Virus
Its certainly possible to remove 8-search.co virus from your PC, however its not going to be an easy task at all. When it comes to remove this particular malware infection users should know that there are two possible options to get rid of 8-search.co virus from Windows PC. Well, both possibility to remove this malicious threat completely from your system is been described bellow, take a look.
Option A : Automatically Remove 8-search.co Using SpyHunter
The best and the most easy way to get rid of this nasty 8-search.co virus is to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner program. It is an effective and powerful malware removal tool that can easily delete any kind of harmful computer infection. This advanced and ultimate security software is able to ruin all kind of latest threats and malware. It can scan your system deeply to find out all possible and potential viruses.
SpyHunter is the best and powerful anti-spyware application that give real time protection to your computer. It is designed to assist you to remove all types on threats in few clicks. It is an optimum security suite which is configured to give best protection to your system with very less effort. All you have to do is to download and install this application on your system. Just start a scan of your PC and rest will be done by this program. SpyHunter is able to detect and remove all kind of rootkits, spyware, malware, threats, viruses, adware, browser hijackers, worms, Trojam, ransomware and many more.
User Guide :- Parts to Use SpyHunter To Remove 8-search.co
Step 1 – Download the SpyHunter malware scanner on your PC and run the installer.
Step 2 – Click on Scan Computer Now to start a new scan of your system.
Step 3 – SpyHunter will detect all malicious threats on your machine.
Step 4 – Click on “Fix Threats Now” button to remove all threats and malware.
Option B : Remove 8-search.co Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. Well, if you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing 8-search.co virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Remove 8-search.co From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select 8-search.co and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with 8-search.co.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Since, Microsoft Edge browser does not have extensions option hence you should better reset your browser settings in order to remove 8-search.co from your web browser completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Extension From Reset Internet Explorer
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including 8-search.co.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 3 :- Kill 8-search.co Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with 8-search.co and click End Process option.
Part 4 :- Uninstall 8-search.co From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with 8-search.co.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select 8-search.co and then click Uninstall tab.
- Turn the cursor to lower-left corner of your computer screen and click Start button.
- Now search for Control Panel in the search box and then click Control Panel.
- Find out all application related with 8-search.co and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select 8-search.co and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 5 :- Remove 8-search.co From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by 8-search.co virus.
Registry Keys Created by 8-search.co
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Tips For Preventing 8-search.co And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan external USB drives before doing file transfer.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Scan all the spam email attachment before opening it.