.Lokd File Virus Removal + .Lokd Files Recovery
Unable to open your important videos, images, documents, or files and they have a “.Lokd” extension? If so, then your system is infected with .Lokd file virus and unfortunately you have became a victim of STOP/DJVU ransomware.
Lokd Ransomware is 206th version STOP/DJVU Ransomware group. It is designed to take victim’s data hostage by using advanced encryption algorithm. Once activated, it scans the system thoroughly for all pictures, documents, videos and other data formats, encrypts using .Lokd extension. It creates a ransom note called _readme.txt and leaves it on victims desktop. If your system is infected with .Lokd file virus then you are likely to find the copies of ransom note in your PC’s affected file folders. Ransom note will ask victims to pay the attackers a specified sum of money (From $490 to $980) in order to recover the files. Apparently, you will be instructed to pay the ransom money in bitcoins cryptocurrency to avoid any kind of back tracking. The only contact details for hackers are two emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org which you can find in your ransom note.
File Typed Encrypted By .Lokd Virus Ransomware
.sql, .mp4, .7z, .rar, .m4a, .wma, .avi, .wmv, .csv, .d3dbsp, .zip, .sie, .sum, .ibank, .t13, .t12, .qdf, .gdb, .tax, .pkpass, .bc6, .bc7, .bkp, .qic, .bkf, .sidn, .sidd, .mddata, .itl, .itdb, .icxs, .hvpl, .hplg, .hkdb, .mdbackup, .syncdb, .gho, .cas, .svg, .map, .wmo, .itm, .sb, .fos, .mov, .vdf, .ztmp, .sis, .sid, .ncf, .menu, .layout, .dmp, .blob, .esm, .vcf, .vtf, .dazip, .fpk, .mlx, .kf, .iwd, .vpk, .tor, .psk, .rim, .w3x, .fsh, .ntl, .arch00, .lvl, .snx, .cfr, .ff, .vpp_pc, .lrf, .m2, .mcmeta, .vfs0, .mpqge, .kdb, .db0, .dba, .rofl, .hkx, .bar, .upk, .das, .iwi, .litemod, .asset, .forge, .ltx, .bsa, .apk, .re4, .sav, .lbf, .slm, .bik, .epk, .rgss3a, .pak, .big, wallet, .wotreplay, .xxx, .desc, .py, .m3u, .flv, .js, .css, .rb, .png, .jpeg, .txt, .p7c, .p7b, .p12, .pfx, .pem, .crt, .cer, .der, .x3f, .srw, .pef, .ptx, .r3d, .rw2, .rwl, .raw, .raf, .orf, .nrw, .mrwref, .mef, .erf, .kdc, .dcr, .cr2, .crw, .bay, .sr2, .srf, .arw, .3fr, .dng, .jpe, .jpg, .cdr, .indd, .ai, .eps, .pdf, .pdd, .psd, .dbf, .mdf, .wb2, .rtf, .wpd, .dxg, .xf, .dwg, .pst, .accdb, .mdb, .pptm, .pptx, .ppt, .xlk, .xlsb, .xlsm, .xlsx, .xls, .wps, .docm, .docx, .doc, .odb, .odc, .odm, .odp, .ods, .odt
Ransom Note Shown By .Lokd Ransomware
ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This software will decrypt all your encrypted files. What guarantees you have? You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free. But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information. You can get and look video overview decrypt tool: https://we.tl/t-WJa63R98Ku Price of private key and decrypt software is $980. Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490. Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment. Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours. To get this software you need write on our e-mail: email@example.com Reserve e-mail address to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org Your personal ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
.Lokd File Virus is a dangerous ransomware virus capable to encrypt all kinds of data files on infected system. It targets all versions of Windows OS based computers including Windows 7, 8 and 10. This executable will be launched and begin to scan all the drive letters on your computer for data files to encrypt. It searches for files with certain file extensions to encrypt such as .doc, .docx, .xls, .pdf, among others. Well, .Lokd Virus File is capable to terminate security measures and infiltrate the computer silently. Once installed, it connect to its Command&Control server for ONLINE encryption keys. Sometimes fails to connect to its server. and hence the malware uses an in-built encryption key for offline encryption. The sole motive of this hazardous ransomware virus is to extort money from users and in order to do so it blackmails the victim using their important files. It certainly is very risky for your data hence you must remove .Lokd File Virus as soon as possible form your Windows PC.
Is My Computer Infected With .Lokd File Virus?
Well, the most obvious symptom of .Lokd File Virus is files encrypted with .Lokd extension. If your system is infected with this particular ransomware then you will notice ransom note in your local drives (folders containing encrypted data). Well, some of most common details regarding .Lokd Ransomware is listed below, take a look.
|Family : STOP/DJVU Ransomware Family|
|Extensions : .Lokd Extension|
|Ransomware Note: _readme.txt|
|Ransom Amount : From $490 to $980 (in Bitcoins)|
|Contact Email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Symptoms : All documents, images, videos have a “.Lokd” extension and cannot be opened by any programs|
|Removal : Download .Lokd File Virus Removal Tool|
|Data Recovery : Download .Lokd File Recovery Software|
How did the .Lokd Ransomware get on my computer?
- Cyber-criminals generate spam email containing malicious files, with catchy subject, hacker tempts the victims to open such mails. As soon as the email in opened on your computing machine, malicious codes will execute .Lokd File Virus in your PC infecting all your important files.
- .Lokd File Virus attacking victims by exploiting operating system vulnerabilities and victims flawed browsing habits. Commonly exploited software includes the operating system itself, browsers, Microsoft Office, and third-party applications.
.Lokd File Virus is a very dangerous ransomware virus. It uses an extremely secure encryption method. There is simply no way to decipher the encrypted data. Once your files are encrypted, you cannot open these files. It generate unique user ID for each victims which means same decryption key will not work for other users. This malicious file install this particular ransomware in your PC. Lokd Ransomware is capable to compromise your PC severely and can result in fatal circumstances. The sole motive of this hazardous ransomware virus is to extort money from users and in order to do so it blackmails the victim using their important files. It certainly is very risky for your data hence you must remove .Lokd File Virus as soon as possible form your Windows PC.
How To Deal With .Lokd File Virus
First and the most important thing is do not pay any money. Well, the only concern of .Lokd File Virus is your money not your data. It has bee seen that even after paying ransom it does not restore users data instead, it continues to compromise your system in order to earn more. Hence, you should better remove it at the earliest. Meanwhile, as far as the matter of your encrypted data is concerned, you can easily decrypt all your important files using a powerful data recovery. Therefore, it is strictly recommended the users to get rid of .Lokd Virus immediately from your computing machine otherwise it may ends up with erasing all your important.
How To Remove .Lokd File Virus And Restore .Lokd Files
.Lokd File Virus is certainly one most painful computer malware. It is sneaky, cunning and quite good at hiding itself in the infected machine i.e, it dig deep in your system and spread it roots everywhere. It is very difficult to detect or remove this nasty infection. Well, to remove .Lokd Extension Virus and all its associated files, you will need to go through a very lengthy process and various removal steps. Beware, this nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies in different drives at different locations on your computer. It is also likely that files associated with this particular malware infection may carry different names.
Hence, you must clean your system thoroughly and remove all the core files related to .Lokd File Ransomware. Go through the below step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your system. However, we advise you to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Malware Removal process need essential technical skills, any wrong doings may result in severe system corruption. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Well, .Lokd File Virus encrypt all important data files find on infected system. It is simply impossible to restore the files manually. However, users can wait for the security experts to release official decryption key but its not certain how long it gonna take or if it will be released. You can’t wait for such uncertain solution and paying .Lokd Virus is also useless. Hence, the only sophisticated way to restore your files is using a powerful data recovery too. Data Recovery Pro is a very powerful and effective tool, capable to restore all kinds of lost, encrypted, deleted or corrupted files. It can easily restore all your important files that has been encrypted by .Lokd Extension Virus or any other harmful ransomware virus. Click on the download button to download Data Recovery Pro and restore all your important files easily.
Restore .Lokd Files Automatically
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to decrypt .Lokd Files.
Malicious Doings of .Lokd File Virus Virus
.Lokd File Virus is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities .Lokd File Virus virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : .Lokd File Virus is capable infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : .Lokd File Virus virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : .Lokd File Virus virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : .Lokd File Virus is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Remove .Lokd File Virus Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. .Lokd File Virus is a kind of very nasty threat that makes several changes in infected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing .Lokd File Virus virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Kill .Lokd File Virus Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with .Lokd File Virus and click End Process option.
Part 3 :- Uninstall .Lokd File Virus From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with .Lokd File Virus.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select .Lokd File Virus and then click Uninstall tab.
- Click Start button and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel window select Program.
- Find out all application related with .Lokd File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- In Settings Page, click on System option.
- Click Apps and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select .Lokd File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 4 :- Remove .Lokd File Virus From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select .Lokd File Virus and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions From Firefox
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with .Lokd File Virus.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Remove Malicious Extension From MS Edge Browser
- Open Edge browser and click on “More” or three dots icon.
- Click on the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Malicious Extension From Internet Explorer.
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including .Lokd File Virus.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 5 :- Remove .Lokd File Virus From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .Lokd File Virus virus.
Registry Keys Created by .Lokd File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.Lokd File Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.Lokd File Virus
Tips For Preventing .Lokd File Virus And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. Prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Scan all external USB drives.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Avoid all kinds of spam or unknown emails.