Kill 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up Virus – Fix Fake PC Errors
Are you getting unwanted 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up on your computer? Is this nasty threat showing unwanted and irritating scam pop-ups regularly on your computer? Is your anti-virus not able to delete this threat? Do you want to remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus completely from your PC? If your answer is yes then you are right place. This guide will help you to permanently delete 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus easily from your computer.
What is 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up
1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is a dubious computer virus regarded as scam pop-up. This nasty threat silently enter the targeted machine and attack the working web browser. Then after it will make several malicious changes to your browser settings and system settings. It is mainly created by hackers for spreading spam over the Internet and create hoax among the users. It will start showing fake alert messages and bogus system warnings. When you will go online, 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up will automatically get opened in a new tab on your browser. It will show a fake alert on your PC and ask that your computer is infected by harmful threats and viruses. It can also play an audio of the warning message that it display on your screen.
That fake warning message shown by 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus will seems so genuine and many users get tricked easily. This nasty threat will ask you to contact its tech support number to remove those threats. When you will call on that number, you will get charged huge money for fixing fake system problems. It is also highly possible that you will get huge telephone bills as it could be an international number. It is just a trick to cheat money from innocent users and you must not follow any of the instructions suggested by this threat. 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up can also inject harmful threats and viruses on your computer if you will not remove this infection soon from your PC.
Intrusion of 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up
1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus can invade your computer through various deceptive tricks. It can get installed on your PC bundled with free third party programs and installers. It can also get spread via spam email attachments and malicious websites. You can also get this infection on your PC when you click on any misleading advertisement or download fake updates on your computer. Apart from this, it can also get spread via shareware and drive by download websites. You can avoid this kind of harmful threats by using the custom installation method while installing any free program on your computer.
Why You Should Remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up
1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is really a harmful threat for your computer. It not only show fake and misleading alerts on your PC but can also risk your privacy. It can steal your personal information by tracking your browsing habits and online activities. It can disable your anti-virus and firewall to make your system unsafe. It can also slow down your PC and crash your browser very often. It can steal your banking information and credit card details. It may share your private details with hackers and risk your information. It is advised to delete 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus soon from your computer.
How To Remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up
1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus is certainly one most painful computer malware. It is sneaky, cunning and quite good at hiding itself in the infected machine i.e, it dig deep in your system and spread it roots everywhere. It is very difficult to detect or remove this nasty infection. Well, to remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and all its associated files, you will need to go through a very lengthy process and various removal steps. Beware, this nasty malware infection which may have spread its copies in different drives at different locations on your computer. It is also likely that files associated with this particular malware infection may carry different names. Hence, you must clean your system thoroughly and remove all the core files related to 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up. Go through the below step-by-step removal guide that may be helpful for you in attempt of removing this infection from your system. However, we advise you to combine the steps to get more benefit and have better chances to get rid of this infection. Manual Malware Removal process need essential technical skills, any wrong doings may result in severe system corruption. It is better to try the Automatic malware scanner to see if it could find the virus for you.
Malicious Doings of 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up Virus
1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is capable infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. If you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up is a kind of very nasty threat that makes several changes in infected system, replicate itself, download malicious files, which makes it very hard to detect manually. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Kill 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and click End Process option.
Part 3 :- Uninstall 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and then click Uninstall tab.
- Click Start button and click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel window select Program.
- Find out all application related with 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- In Settings Page, click on System option.
- Click Apps and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 4 :- Remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions From Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions From Firefox
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Remove Malicious Extension From MS Edge Browser
- Open Edge browser and click on “More” or three dots icon.
- Click on the “Settings” option and click on “Extensions”.
- Find and remove all unwanted extensions completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Malicious Extension From Internet Explorer.
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 5 :- Remove 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up virus.
Registry Keys Created by 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Tips For Preventing 1-866-662-9777 Pop-up And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan external USB drives before doing file transfer.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Scan all the spam email attachment before opening it.