How To Uninstall .ghost File Virus (Encrypted Data Recovery)
.ghost File Virus is a newly detected crypto malware or ransmworm. The word ransomworm defined a computer virus that demand ransom money. This dubious PC virus is a real threat for all Windows based machine. It is able to attack all versions of Windows operating system including XP, Vista, 7,8, and the latest 10. This nasty virus is created by a group of cybercriminals aimed to make illegal profit by cheating innocent users. It will silently sneak into your computer and take your files on hostage to demand ransom money. .ghost File Virus virus uses a very advanced and sophisticated encryption algorithm that can lock all types of system files. It can encrypt a large amount of data in a blink of eyes.
.ghost File Virus will scan your hard disk for files and run its encryption algorithm. After successful encryption it will change the extension of your files. It will also drop a ransom note in text or html format in all infected folders. This perilous threat will also paste a ransom notice image on your computer screen to warn you about the encryption. .ghost File Virus will ask you that all your files are encrypted and can only get restored via decyption key. It will ask you pay money for the decryption key within given time otherwise all your data will get deleted. This perilous threat mainly wants to create havoc among the users to force then to pay money.
If your computer is infected by this nasty .ghost File Virus then do not panic. First of all you should check your system carefully for any unlocked file. If all your data is locked then try to scan your computer with installed anti-virus program (if you have any). If your anti-virus is unable to remove this nasty ransomware infection, then you can follow this guide to remove this malware from your computer. Once thing you must understand that paying ransom money is not a solution. Hackers will not unlock your files after paying ransom amount. They can increase the amount or flew away with money. It is also possible that your financial details can get stored when you pay money. So you are advised to delete .ghost File Virus soon from your computer.
Malicious Doings of .ghost File Virus Virus
.ghost File Virus is a severe computer virus that can do major harm to your system. Once getting the access of your unharmed PC, it will start doing its malicious activities. Some of the most common mischievous activities .ghost File Virus virus start into your system
- Targets All Windows PC : This dubious computer virus can infect all versions of Windows computer including Windows XP, vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10.
- Malicious code injection : This perilous threat can corrupt your registry files and inject its malicious codes to the registry files for getting automatically started on your machine without your permission.
- Browser Redirection : .ghost File Virus virus can also infect your working web browser and causes unwanted web redirection. This nasty threat can also bring other noxious malware on your PC.
- Data Corruption : .ghost File Virus virus is a lethal PC threat that harm your entire system data. It can corrupt your files and programs. It can also cause black screen of death on your computer.
- Disable Security Programs : This nasty PC infection can also block your anti-virus and Firewall program to make its self safe in to your machine for longer time.
- Gather sensitive Data : It can also gather your secret and confidential information by using keylogger and tracking your browsing habits. It can also risk your privacy by sharing your personal information with hackers.
- Remote Access (Backdoor) : .ghost File Virus is such a harmful virus that can allow remote hackers to remotely access your system. It can make your system more vulnerable and expose your privacy.
Possibilities to Remove .ghost File Virus Virus
Its certainly possible to remove .ghost File Virus virus from your PC, however its not going to be an easy task at all. When it comes to remove this particular malware infection users should know that there are two possible options to get rid of .ghost File Virus virus from Windows PC. Well, both possibility to remove this malicious threat completely from your system is been described bellow, take a look.
Option A : Automatically Remove .ghost File Virus Using SpyHunter
The best and the most easy way to get rid of this nasty .ghost File Virus virus is to use SpyHunter Malware Scanner program. It is an effective and powerful malware removal tool that can easily delete any kind of harmful computer infection. This advanced and ultimate security software is able to ruin all kind of latest threats and malware. It can scan your system deeply to find out all possible and potential viruses.
SpyHunter is the best and powerful ant-spyware application that give real time protection to your computer. It is designed to assist you to remove all types on threats in few clicks. It is an optimum security suite which is configured to give best protection to your system with very less effort. All you have to do is to download and install this application on your system. Just start a scan of your PC and rest will be done by this program. SpyHunter is able to detect and remove all kind of rootkits, spyware, malware, threats, viruses, adware, browser hijackers, worms, Trojam, ransomware and many more.
User Guide :- Parts to Use SpyHunter To Remove .ghost File Virus
Step 1 – Download the SpyHunter malware scanner on your PC and run the installer.
Step 2 – Click on Scan Computer Now to start a new scan of your system.
Step 3 – SpyHunter will detect all malicious threats on your machine.
Step 4 – Click on “Fix Threats Now” button to remove all threats and malware.
Restore Files Encrypted By .ghost File Virus
Step 1 :- Download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
Step 2 :- Click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
Step 3 :- Now select all your important files and click on Recover button to get back your data.
Option B : Remove .ghost File Virus Manually From Your PC
Risk Involved With Manual Removal Process
Well, manual removal option is good but only for computer geeks. Well, if you are not much technically sound then manual methods can proves quite risky for you as it is quite lengthy and complicated process. It has been seen that even minor mistake while using manual steps result in very critical consequences for users. If manual method goes wrong then users can lose their important data and it can even make your system completely useless instead of removing .ghost File Virus virus.
Part 1 :- Boot Your PC in Safe Mode
- Restart your Windows computer to open boot menu.
- Keep pressing F8 button until Windows Advanced Option appears on your system screen.
- Now Select Safe Mode With Networking Option using arrow key and press Enter.
Part 2 :- Remove .ghost File Virus From Browsers
Remove Malicious Extensions
- Open Google Chrome and click on gear icon (⋮).
- From the drop down list select Tools
- Now click on Extensions option.
- From the List of all extensions select .ghost File Virus and then click the Trash icon to remove this malicious extension completely from your Chrome browser.
Reset Browser Settings
- Click on gear (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Select Settings option from browser menu window.
- Type Reset in the search box.
- Now go to the end of the page and click Reset Settings button.
Remove Malicious Extensions
- Open Firefox click on (☰) icon to open browser menu.
- Click on the Add-Ons option.
- Go to Extensions option from left panel. Select and remove all malicious extensions related with .ghost File Virus.
Reset Browser Settings
- From upper right corner of browser click (☰) icon
- From browser menu click on Help option.
- Select “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Hit “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm the action if asked.
Since, Microsoft Edge browser does not have extensions option hence you should better reset your browser settings in order to remove .ghost File Virus from your web browser completely.
Reset default search engine and homepage
- From top right corner of your Edge browser Choose More (…) and Go to Settings.
- Click on View Advanced Settings option.
- Here, hit <Add New> to Add a search provider.
- Enter the desired Search Engine and Add as default to reset your browser search engine.
Remove Extension From Reset Internet Explorer
- Open browser click Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons option from drop down list.
- Go to Toolbar and Extensions from left panel and select undesired extensions.
- Click disable tab to delete all malicious extension including .ghost File Virus.
Reset Internet Explorer Setting
- Open Internet Explorer click on “Tools” menu select “Internet option” from drop down list.
- Click on “Advanced tab” to view advanced browser settings.
- Now hit the “Reset” button.
- Check out “Delete personal settings” check box and click on “Reset” button.
Part 3 :- Kill .ghost File Virus Related Process Via Windows Task Manger.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del button cumulatively to open Windows Task Manager.
- Now click on Process tab to see all running process in your PC.
- Select all malicious process related with .ghost File Virus and click End Process option.
Part 4 :- Uninstall .ghost File Virus From Control Panel
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Progam option.
- Select all malicious application related with .ghost File Virus.
- Go to Start Menu and select Control Panel option.
- Go to Programs section and choose Uninstall a program option.
- Here, from the list of all programs select .ghost File Virus and then click Uninstall tab.
- Turn the cursor to lower-left corner of your computer screen and click Start button.
- Now search for Control Panel in the search box and then click Control Panel.
- Find out all application related with .ghost File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
- Go to Start Menu and click on settings button.
- Now select System option.
- Click Programs and Feature option in Control Panel window.
- From the list of all programs select .ghost File Virus and hit Uninstall tab.
Part 5 :- Remove .ghost File Virus From Registry Editor
- Press “Windows + R” button together on your keyboard.
- Type “regedit” and click on OK button to open Registry Editor.
- Find and delete all malicious registry entries created by .ghost File Virus virus.
Registry Keys Created by .ghost File Virus
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msmpeng.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\.ghost File Virus
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msascui.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\.ghost File Virus
Tips For Preventing .ghost File Virus And Other Malware In Future
Once you remove this infection completely from your PC, you must beware of these kind of attacks. As it is said that prevention is better than cure, so you are advised to avoid such type of malware intrusion in future. Here are some tips given below that can help you to stay safe online.
- Never download free software or updates from untrusted websites.
- Do not click on misleading and fake advertisement.
- Try to avoid visiting malicious or pornographic websites.
- Always keep your system and program updated.
- Download update only from authentic and official websites.
- Always use a powerful anti-virus and malware removal program.
- Regularly Scan your PC for hidden threats, malware and viruses.
- Always scan external USB drives before doing file transfer.
- Choose custom installation process to avoid bundled malware and PUP.
- Do not open spam emails from unknown sender that carry any attachments.
- Scan all the spam email attachment before opening it.